Come & Stay
Visa requirements vary among countries. Visitors to Hong Kong must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months before the planned departure date to Hong Kong. Visitors from most countries are not required to obtain visas and can stay for periods up to a maximum varying from 7 to 180 days, depending on nationality. Please check the web site of the Hong Kong Immigration Department (http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html) and the Chinese embassy or consulate to find out whether you need to apply for an entry visa to Hong Kong.
Letter of Invitation. If you need a Letter of Invitation to apply for a visa to attend the contest, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name as it appears in your passport
- Your position
- Your affiliation/organization
- Your address to receive the letter
- Email address for receiving the Letter of Invitation (PDF)
- Your passport number
- Your preferred language of the letter (English / Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese)
Please note that Letter of Invitation will only be sent to participants who have registered for the on-site final competition. Should participants withdraw from the contest after the issue of Letter of Invitation, the consulate will be notified of the withdrawal accordingly.
To be released soon
Explore Hong Kong
- The currency in Hong Kong is the Hong Kong dollar (HKD). To check the latest currency conversion, click here.
- The standard electrical voltage in Hong Kong is 220 volts AC, 50Hz. The electrical outlets in Hong Kong take a three-pronged UK-style plug.
- August in Hong Kong is hot and humid, with occasional showers and thunderstorms. Click here for updated weather information in Hong Kong.
- Purchase your Octopus card to access most of the city’s public transportation (except taxis) and make payment in many restaurants & retail stores, including canteens & supermarkets at CUHK campus. An On-Loan Octopus with a refundable deposit of HK$ 50 is available in all MTR customer service centres at all stations (except Racecourse station). A refund handling fee will be charged if you return the On-loan Octopus less than 90 days from the date of issue.
- You can pick up a prepaid SIM card at most convenience stores. The SIM card offers free local call, free WiFi, bundles of mobile data, as well as cheap international calls and SMS messages.
More about CUHK
- Our scenic campus overlooking Tolo harbor is the largest and greenest in Hong Kong.
- Click here for information of facilities & services in CUHK, including the canteens, grocery store, ATM and others.
- CUHK is a smoke-free campus, i.e. smoking is banned in all indoor and outdoor areas of the University.
- Lemon pie at Choh-Ming Li Basic Medical Science Building Snack Bar is considered a must-eat food in CUHK
More about Hong Kong Science Park (HKSTP)
- The Hong Kong Science Park is a science park in Hong Kong, located in Pak Shek Kok, New Territories, on the boundary of Sha Tin District and Tai Po District. It is also next to the Chinese University of Hong Kong in Ma Liu Shui and is on the Tolo Harbour waterfront.
- It is an infrastructure that provides a knowledge-based and campus-like environment of 330,000 square metres marketed for high-technology enterprises. It is designed to accommodate companies of all sizes and stages of development and to promote interaction and innovation at both local and global level. Click here