Submissions will be screened by an international judging panel to select the finalist teams. The final competition will be in mix-mode (Zoom and face-to-face) . At the final competition, the finalists will be judged on the quality of their oral, presenation, report and device demonstration. A judging panel consists of faculty members, clinical practitioners, and industry representatives, who have no conflicts of interest with respect to participants in the competition.
Four evaluation criteria, namely (1) novelty, (2) technical challenge, (3) clinical impact & translational readiness, and (4) presentation will be used to rate and rank the submissions:
- Major conceptual innovation vs incremental gain over existing products.
- Potential intellectual property.
(2) Technical Challenge
- How challenging is the project technically?
- Demonstration of technical feasibility (prototype, physical model, or computer model)
(3) Clinical Impact & Translational Readiness
- Potential benefits for a real clinical need.
- Clinical feasibility and business model (including regulatory issues)
- Engaging presentation
Detailed Programme Run-Down will be announced in Oct 2021.